THC Vape Oil
Over the years, it has remained common knowledge that smoking is not good for your lungs or your future! Despite all the health benefits organic weed comes with, smoking it is still bad for you. Transitioning from the herb to THC vape oil would be wise.
What is THC Vape Oil?
THC, also known as Tetrahydrocannabidoil, is the main psychoactive compound found in cannabis. It is known to be responsible for hunger, relaxation, fatigue and reduced aggression you may be feeling when you are using marijuana.
THC acts as the most active ingredient in most strains of medical marijuana, including CBD. Consuming THC in vape form allows you to experience the benefits as well as experience some of its isolated effects. Some of the effects are euphoria, distortion of time and greater receptiveness to stimuli like laughter and food. Yes, the munchies? That’s THC.
THC Oil vs. CBD Oil
THC and CBD are the two most important active compounds in marijuana. However, the effects of each of these strains of marijuana will depend on their concentration. The main difference, however, is the fact that THC is considered psychoactive, while CBD is not. Meaning that THC can change the brain’s functions, hence impacting perceptions, mood, and behavior.
The main difference between the two is the effects;
THC oil effects:
- Muscle Relief- patients who experience muscle tremors and spasms will benefit from it. It reduces the effects of multiple sclerosis and Tourette’s syndrome
- Optic Pressure – it reduces pressure on eyes making it the best option for patients suffering from glaucoma
- Pain and Stress Relief – it is also useful in treating pain. THC oil is a popular option for patients fighting arthritis, HIV, and forms of cancer. It also improves the symptoms
CBD oil effects:
- Psychiatric Conditions – it has proven useful for treating some mental It eases anxiety symptoms, unlike THC that worsens anxiety by inducing paranoia. CBD oil also works as an anti-depressant. It also eases schizophrenia’s symptoms.
- Chronic Illness – it reduces nausea which makes it the best option for people looking for an appetite stimulant. It has also been operative in treating some forms of epilepsy as well as treating severe seizures in children.
- Pain Relief- it reduces inflammation, hence making it effective as a treatment for chronic pain. It does not contain addictive properties, unlike other opiates.
THC Oil Vape Pen
More and more people are using vape pens for cannabis oil. Some people use the vape pens in public places like restaurants, movie theaters, concerts, to airports. However, you need to choose the right THC pen for your needs, here are some of the things you need to consider:
- Make sure that the oil is certified organic and pesticide free to avoid a highly toxic
- Make sure to find out how the THC oil was extracted from the cannabis plant. How the oil is extracted is what determines the quality of the high. The popular extraction methods include Butane, Ethanol, CO2 and Olive Oil. The best method is CO2 based because its considered natural
- Get the oil that is third party approved. The third party labs run tests for solvents, terpene levels, potency, contamination, and pesticides
- Once you know the quality, look at the flavors that are natural. Natural flavors are determined by terpene levels or the lineage of the cannabis strain
- Research the THC oil cartridge you get before buying. The reusable cartridges are harder clean and maintain, but they are better for earth
How to Make THC Vape Oil
If you would rather bypass unregulated products, you could make your oil using standard household items and ingredients.
- Propylene Glycol which is available at some pharmacies
- 6 grams high-quality cannabis
- High proof grain alcohol
- Two glass bottles
- 5ml dropper bottles
- Cheese cloth
- Baking sheet lined with aluminum foil
- Kitchen pot
- Decarboxylate the marijuana first to activate it. This occurs via vaporization or combustion; you could also do it by baking broken up or ground cannabis on foil-lined baking sheet in a heated oven, stirring it periodically to make it heat evenly
- Add the bud to one of the bottles, fill it with the high proof grain alcohol until the liquid covers the plant material. Leave the opening of the jar uncovered
- Fill the kitchen pot with water then add the bottle with the alcohol then bring the water to boil, reducing temperature and evaporate some of the alcohol. This makes sure the THC is absorbed into the alcohol that remains in the jar. Remove the bottle when the alcohol turns darker
- Place the cheese cloth over the second jar and pour the contents into it, to contain the extracted THC
- Repeat step 3 with the jar with the wet butt use water that isn’t boiled so that the glass doesn’t crack. Use a dropper to determine the volume left in the bottle
- Using the dropper, mix 20 ml of propylene glycol in the bottle. Then shake the mixture to add extra potency. The THC oil is now usable
Before making your THC oil, make sure the kitchen is ventilated and exercise caution.